How good is your memory?

 Welcome back loyal bloggers, today I will be taking a series of memory tests to see test the limits of what my brain can or cannot do on 10 minutes of sleep.

My first memory test was simple and was based on finding the correct image for the penny off https://annex.exploratorium.edu/exhibits/common_cents/index.html. Although I got the image wrong, I was very close and I think I did okay. In terms of validity, I think it is valid as many people could mess up from that little text as people don't pay much attention to a coin that is worth 1 cent.


For my second memory test, I decided to take a test on problem-solving. My score was around the area of my problem-solving skills being a "hit or miss" where it could work really well sometimes or just mess up the problem even more and worsen it. I think it's fair to say that and it is valid, as whenever I come across problems on a test, I either get entire credit for it or none at all. (no partial)

Finally, for my third test, I decided to take a fast-paced picture memory test to test how well I could remember nature pictures. The website I think is a bit skewed, https://www.memorylosstest.com/free-short-term-memory-tests-online/, but I got the image fast beforehand which is pretty well considering I am off not that much sleep. For its validity, I think it's valid in terms of it being fast-paced, as it puts your short-term memory to work.

I found this article on food items that actually worsen your memory. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/28/a-harvard-nutritionist-and-brain-expert-avoids-these-5-foods-that-weaken-memory-and-focus.html gives a detailed article on several items that may be unhealthy for your memory, such as added sugars and fried foods. Guess I'm losing my memory then!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Psychology

Senses and Stuff